Tuesday, September 08, 2020

CV

 

                                   

                                             COLIN B. FERNANDES

                                       958 274 0695* colinbernardfernandes205@gmail.com

 

Currently:
I am engaged with organising fund raising activities for Bernard’s Welfare Trust, a shelter that takes care of old, sick and injured dogs outside Gurgaon.
My online store is www.stuffbycolin.threadless.com.

 IndieMill.com (Sep 2016 – Feb 2017)

I was curating handmade products and other art for IndieMill.com, an artiste-driven e-commerce venture which hoped to launch by March 2017. However, due to demonetisation, the company shut down.

FHM India (Dec 2015 – June 2016)

Hired as Deputy Editor, my role was similar to my stint at Maxim.

iRock Films  (Oct 2011 – Jun 2012)

I co-wrote the story, screenplay and dialogue of Disco Valley (currently shelved). iRock have previously produced Ragini MMS for Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Films.

May 2008.

Penguin India published my first book Viva Santiago; a treasure quest around Goa with the lyrics of Bob Dylan as clues. A few months later, Le Cherche Midi released a French translation

 Maxim India (Sep 2006 Sep 2009)

A chance encounter led me to be part of the initial years of India’s lad-mag scene where, as features editor, I got to learn while working with international talent via commissioning stories and coordinating photo shoots. I took a two year sabbatical post this.

 The Hindustan Times (Sep 2005 – Sep 2006)

As copy editor/staff writer, my main beat here was travel and tourism besides sundry food reviews for restaurants in Delhi as well as handling what went on Page 3.

 India Today (Aug 2004 – Sep 2005)

As part of the ‘Simply’ team, my responsibilities were subbing, writing and editing glamour and lifestyle content for supplements to the parent magazine.

 Civil Society (May 2004 – Aug 2004)

I joined this NGO and development sector magazine at its founding to contribute toward writing features, editing and photography till the grass grew greener on the other side. 

Cross Section Publications (Apr 2003 – May 2004)

My first foray into journalism was with an in-house lifestyle travel magazine called Go Now.

May 2000 – April 2003 (GECIS/HCL)

I spent a few years on the night shift in the call centre world as experience working for a multi-national corporation.

 

BA (Hon) English Literature, SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi 2000/ Chiranjiv Bharati School, Gurgaon 1995 – 1997/ St. Columba’s School, New Delhi 1984 – 1995

D.o.B: 18/Dec/1979

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home