Monday, July 03, 2006

Fuck off and leave me alone

Some thing really pissing off happened this past Saturday.
Local music correspondent read the post on munakka and was inquiring further into the subject.
Same correspondent had to give me a story for my page but was busy making hers, so instead of sitting with a thumb up my ass, I thought I'd go down to the paanwadi and pick up some smokes and then head to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat.
Wasn't in any real hurry because afore-mentioned writer takes her own time on the job.
My meal is interrupted by the chief sub who's apparantly going through one of her extremely frequent and unnecessary panic attacks over nothing.
My pages have never been delayed on my account.
Even if I have to skip out of office every alternate Monday to drop by the Riyaz meet.

So when I walk back up, you can bet I was fucking pissed to hear this woman telling every one, including my editor, that I've gone to "do drugs in the parking lot"!!!
And not just any "drug".. but munakka!!!!
Like I'm some hard up rickshaw puller in need of a fix.

I'm not a confrontational person and hate to raise my voice. So I ignored the entire issue despite listening to the entire bitch-fest happening right behind me in my editor's cubicle.

Dear Chief Sub:
I come to office to do my job and go home
I'm not interested in your petty office politics and malicious rumour-mongering
My pages are done faster, better and more efficiently than most of the people in my department can manage and if my bosses have no problem with my work, keep your nose out of my private life.
Getting stoned in the office makes no sense at all to me. Especially with your paranoid suspicions.
I get high on my own time, which is more than I can say about several senior editors in this joint.
Our senior music writer, for example, is almost always trashed, even bright and early in the morning.

It's hardly her fault really. I can understand that when people get to her age, frustration and senility take the better of whatever grey matter they have left.
Plus this woman lives for high-blood pressure.
And if she has it, she makes an honest, all out attempt to fry everybody else's brain with her psychotic paranoia.
Why can't people just mind their own goddamn business?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jabberwock said...

Nice rant! Ref. the drugs, remind me to tell you about the goings on in (and outside) the NewspaperToday.com office in Videocon Tower circa 2001...

9:47 PM  
Anonymous sapphire said...

world is stinking with jealous and demented ppl ..

11:33 AM  
Blogger Anand said...

dude, did you seriously send this!!!
more munakka to you, mate!
bravo!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home